Batanes is one of the destinations in my bucket list. However, because of very expensive airfare going to that island I always keep the idea aside. Then, I saw on a travel Facebook page that there is what they called Batanes of the East. The photos immediately grabbed my attention, so I joined in a package tour.
It was only a day tour organized by Happy Feet DIY Travel and Tours. The fee was Php1100 inclusive of the following: Van transfer (Manila-Dingalan-Manila), Boat transfer Fee, Ecological fee, Tour guide Fee, Dingalan Tour, White beach entrance, Light house, Tanawan Falls Entrance, BOODLE FIGHT(lunch), and Cottage Fee.
- 1:00 AM: Assembly time MOA and Centris
- 2:00 AM: ETD to Dingalan,Aurora
- 5:30 AM: ETA to Dingalan, Aurora
- 5:45 AM: Breakfast at Dingalan (own account)
- 6:30 AM: ETA to Dingalan Feeder Port
I really got dismayed when I saw the Feeder Port because of so many trash along the shoreline. It wasn’t a good sight to see. Plus, the rain started pouring a little which made the day a bit gloomy.
- 6:45 AM: Boat ride to White Beach
White Beach is the jump-off point going to Mountain View. It was 20 minutes of boat ride from Feeder Port to White Beach. You might be wondering if the sand is really white in that beach. Well, don’t be deceived by its name because the sand looks a bit grayish not white. The water on the shoreline wasn’t as clear as you would expect. You can swim there, but I would really not advice it.
- 7:15 AM: Trek to Mountain View
The level of difficulty is 7/10. It was raining that day so we were greeted by muddy trail up to the peak. It was really a huge struggle because of the mud and steepy hill. Thankfully, there is rope along the trail that we can hold on to.
The hellish trail was definitely worth it when I saw the spectacular view of the Pacific Ocean and the panoramic long stretch of the mountain.
- 8:30 AM Trek to Lighthouse
The lighthouse was on the other side of the mountain so we have to go down again and take a new trail going to the lighthouse. The local tour guide asked us if we still wanted to see the lighthouse because it’ll be the same hellish landscape of trail again that we have to conquer. The team decided to go, and I was a bit disappointed because there was many people up there, and it was also the same view as what we’ve seen from the Mountain View. So, I’d really suggest to just visit either one of the mountains. But if you want more adventure, then go ahead.
- 10:30 AM: Trek down to White Beach
- 11:30 AM: Transfer to Lipos River
Lipos River is only 20 minutes away from the Feeder Port. We had our lunch (boodle fight) here. They prepared a sumptuous buffet of seafood and grilled pork for the whole team.
- 12:00 PM: LUNCH TIME!!!! BOODLE FIGHT!
- 01:00 PM: Swimming
The water at the river is extremely cold. It’s like it freshly came from the fridge. The water there is from mountain springs that’s why it is naturally cold even if the sun was blazing hot.
- 2:00 PM: Trek up to Tanawan Falls & swimming
We were told that the current at the falls was not advisable for swimming, so most of them decided not to go. Only five of us decided to go. It was 40 minutes hike from the Libos River.
- 4:00 PM: Trek down/going back to parking area/Ligo etc.
- 4:30 PM: Buy Souvenirs
- 5:00 PM: Going to I LOVE DINGALAN for Picture
There are many souvenir shops at Dingalan. I bought a T-Shirt for only 150pesos and Sukang Sasa. Then, we head to the signage “I Love Dingalan” for the group picture.
- 5:00 PM: ETD back to Manila
- 7:00 PM: Dinner (own acc. optional)
- 10:00 PM: ETA Manila
- Lambao Cave – According to the tour guide, this cave is only open for visit during summer from April to May.
Happy Feet DIY Travel and Tours Info:
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/happyfeetDIY/
- Owner: Jariol Angelica